Click on the ‘Areas of Practice’ below for more information.
The Principal of our firm is Peter Brown who is an accredited family law specialist. Peter has been practising in Burleigh Heads since his admission as a solicitor in 1986 and specialising in family law since 1997.
He received his accreditation as a Family Law Specialist from the Queensland Law Society in 2001.
Peter is well supported in his role with assistance from our other two solicitors Nikolina Santro and Lia Heugh as well as our other support staff. Peter and his team have assisted many clients with their family law requirements over the years and we find the majority of our new clients come by way of word of mouth, referrals and recommendations. The Browns Lawyers team aims to guide all our clients through the maze of family law so that the best results possible are achieved.
The best place to start is with an initial consultation which will help you understand your rights, options and any costs involved in resolving your matter.
Some of the common reasons for a family law consultation can be to seek assistance:
- following the break-up of a marriage or de facto relationship.
- when commencing a new relationship and you are seeking to protect your existing assets.
- if you are having issues with your child’s father/mother.
- if you have been refused the opportunity to visit with your grandchildren.
- in filing for divorce.
- when you have paternity questions.
- arranging Consent Orders for a financial settlement.
- in the preparation of Parenting Consent Orders or Parenting Plans.
- arranging Superannuation Splitting Orders.
Peter, our other solicitors and support staff will all provide you with caring and personalised service to help you resolve your family issue as soon as possible.
Some of the areas we can assist you in include:
- Property settlement
- De facto / same sex relationships
- Binding Financial (Pre-Nuptial) Agreements
- Domestic Violence Protection Order Application
- Children’s Parenting Orders
- Child Support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Separation Advice
- Children’s Contact Centre visitation
- Family Dispute Mediation
- Grandchild visitation Orders
- Overseas relocation
- Passport application
Property Law – Conveyancing
Buying or selling your home is an important part of your life. You will need help along the way and that’s where we step in. We have the experience to navigate with you your largest purchase or sale of your home. Unlike larger conveyancing businesses we offer personal service and will be here to take your phone calls and answer your questions.
- House and Unit Sales and Purchases
- Body Corporate Issues including Disputes
Wills and Estate Planning
We will draft and prepare your personalised Will professionally and carefully so specifically to the needs of you and your family. We will assist you plan for the future of your partner and family and offer you professional advice particularly where there is a blended family or the possibility of a challenge to the Will or where alternative arrangements such as testamentary or inter vivos trusts are more appropriate.
Our firm provides services in all of the following areas:
- Estate Planning
- Testamentary Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Health Directives
- Family Trusts
Estate Administration and Litigation
If you have been appointed Executor of an estate in a Will, we will provide advice to you on whether Probate is required and will assist you if so. We will then also assist in administration of the estate including calling in and sale of assets and accounts and distribution to beneficiaries. We will also assist and provided advice if the Will is challenged.
Where there is no Will left by the deceased or the personal name Executor is not available, we can assist you to apply for Letters of Administration.
We will provide you with legal assistance in relation to all areas of business including:
- Commercial Leases including Retail Shop Leases
- Business Establishment, Sale and Purchase
- Mortgage and Loan Documents
- Corporate Law